THE A to Z RIDE
Touring three central Florida counties, this ride takes you along parts of Florida's historic Cracker Trail. Start out in Arcadia, which was once a thriving gateway to the South Florida trading outposts.
The route heads westward skirting along the boundary for the Myakka River State Park. The roads are flat, with mostly straight stretches interrupted by a few gentle curves. SR 64 is considered part of the Florida Cracker Trail which recognizes the important roles the cattle and horse industry played in this area's development.
The leisurely ride winds up in Zolfo Springs which was named by a group of Italian pioneers in the early 1 B00's when they were dredging the Peace River and came upon a nearby spring which emitted a strong sulfur odor. Zolfo is Italian for sulfur.
Road Name - Direction - Miles
- Start in Arcadia at the intersection of US 17 & SR 70
- SR 70 - West - 13.4 Miles
- County In Rd - Left - 1.1 Miles
- Clay Gully Rd - Straight - 12.9 Miles
- Myakka Rd - Right - 2.6 Miles
- Jomar Rd - Slight Left - 0.1 Miles
- Myakka Rd - Right - 1.0 Miles
- Verna Rd - Straight - 3.6 Miles
- SR 70 East - Right - 7.1 Miles
- Wauchula Rd - Left - 10.4 Miles
- SR 64 East - Right - 4.2 Miles
- CR 665 - Right - 5.6 Miles
- Goose Pond Rd - Left - 6.6 Miles
- Bridges Rd - Straight - 2.0 Miles
- Murphy Rd/CR 663 - Left - 5.5 Miles
- SR 64 - Right - 5.1 Miles